What Makes ITSG Different and A Couple more Questions We Answer Everyday
Why ITSG? What Makes ITSG Different from the Rest?
IT Strategies Group was founded with one golden rule, we would NEVER resell a product, software, hardware or otherwise. Having spent 20 years on the customer side, using resellers, we always wondered if we were getting the solution we needed or justification for one the reseller was selling. We talk to small, medium, large and enterprise clients all the time and when we share this principle, the immediate response is always "I have wondered about that myself".
When ITSG is engaged, we are focused on your business, your IT environment, we have no technology bias, other than it has to be right for your organization’s needs.
A Couple More Questions We Answer Everyday
Above we listed some of the top questions that motivate potential clients to hire ITSG. Here are a few more we tend to get asked. See any you identify with? If so, call us, we can help:
Strategy and Architecture
- I am not sure what my total IT costs are nor what is driving them?
- Is there a way I can see what applications we have installed and each apps functionality? You mean some of them could have overlapping functionality?
- Our IT environment has grown organically and Bill, the quality assurance guy that liked computers just left, can you help us?
- I have heard that everything should be in the cloud, is that true? We tried putting some of our systems up there and it didn't work..
Backup and Recovery
- How long does my team need to retain backups to protect us?
- I keep buying disk and tape for backups, is that normal?
- What is the difference between archive and backup, if I implement archival, will it impact my backups?
- I am not even sure what my true cost of backing up is, or what is driving it, is there a way of determining this?
- I keep getting told we should move backups to the cloud, is it really cheaper? What are the risks?
- Is it really cheaper to put things in the cloud?
- We have these custom applications for our business, can they just be copied up to the cloud?
- I need to ensure regulatory compliance and am ultimately responsible for the data, why would I trust a cloud provider to protect it better than my team?
- I have all this stuff up in the cloud, do I still need to back it up?
- I just had to bring a system back from the cloud because it was five (5) times more expensive than I was told it would be. Is this normal?
Vendor / Product Selection and Purchase Negotiation
- I am concerned we are always buying technology that never meets all our needs. Is there a better way that will ensure all requirements are met?
- I can't seem to overcome taking the incumbent technology out to bring in what I feel is a better technology, how can I do this?
- Our vendors responses to our request for proposals vary so much it is hard to compare them, is there a way to fix that?
- I am not sure we are getting the best solutions, we always seem to have the same resellers bidding on our needs?
- I have a production issue and I have two vendors each blaming each other. Can you help us figure out where the real issue is so we can address it?
- I have one vendor always bashing our incumbent vendor. Can you help us figure out if there is a reason to be concerned?
- We have two vendors competing to meet a solution need we have, they are both throwing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Distraction), can you help us sort through it?
ITSG had a number of engagements with Dover Corporation over a 3 year period and played a pivotal role in developing a solid data protection architecture. Thier technical acumen is second only to Their ability to explain difficult concepts in plain English. Their cosnultants have a tireless work ethic and a drive to provide excellent service to their customers.
I have worked with ITSG on several projects and thier knowledge to detail has brought instant credibility to UbiStor when engaging them with our customers. I'm looking forward to a long prosperous partnership with ITSG!
I had the opportunity to work with ITSG on a large data management project for the better part of a year. In that time, ITSG's resource proved to be an invaluable technical resource with a wealth of relevant experience. I look forward to the opportunity to work ITSG's team again at some point, and highly recommend the skillset that they bring to bear on infrastructure and data management projects.
Kevin is a smart guy and a quick study. He likes do the right thing for the company and bring the best solution forward. His ability to understand the business requirements, assess technology options and assemble the best solution for the enterprise is a great asset to him, the company he represents and his team. Kevin has the aptitude to create a GREAT technical vision with technologies. He has proven that the “Marketing” handouts are not always representative of the real world and allows you to help him see alternative solutions that may be fresh and new. He likes a no-nonsense approach and appreciates solution providers to do the same. His expectations are high and he will challenge you when needed and will make sure that what you promise to deliver is met.
It must be Kevin's martial arts background that gives him his ability to 'leverage' technology and vendors into submission! Deep knowledge, ranging from storage through databases and applications, along with his communication skills, makes him an excellent architect to work with.
IT Strategies Group was engaged to help us kick start an Enterprise Architecture practice we had started two years prior but were not seeing forward motion on. ITSG's practical approach to EA and using what provides value to the organization in the framework made adoption straight forward. Combined with his introduction of a vendor / product selection process, demonstrating how the EA practice can support an Agile development process and help with organizational challenge bordered on transformational.
Originally hired to perform an eight week assessment of our backup and recovery capabilities, ITSG went above and beyond when we were hit with a major breach the day their engagement was to end. Some of the changes they made on the fly during that initial assessment were key to our abilty to recover. In addition, they stayed on board for ten months and helped us recover all our systems and reachitect our backup / recovery enviornment.
We had two different consultants in, one from the software vendor itself who could not resolve an issue we were seeing with our CommVault site replication. ITSG came in and three weeks later, they identified a process issue that nobody else had seen.
P.O. Box 441, Waunakee, WI 53597
IT Strategies Group, is completely virtual. Our team of consultants is spread accross the US, virtually connected by our implementation of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
Find Us here: